The 2017 Afton Fair
July 6 - 9, 2017
with Gillette Shows!
Route 41, Afton, NY ~ 607-639-1525
Board Members of the Afton Driving Park and Agricultural Association, Inc.
Below is a list of and some information about the Board Members of the Afton Driving Park and Agricultural Association, Inc. which organizes and operates the Afton Fair. All members of the board are volunteers. You may contact any board member by calling our fairgrounds office at 607-639-1525, or through our Contact Form.
We are in search of volunteers to be Chairpersons for Floral Hall. Please contact us at the number or email above if you are interested.
- Rhonda Barriger, President
- Rhonda works year round to bring vendors to the Afton Fair and helps with Grounds Maintenance. She works for Opportunities for Otsego as Energy Services Coordinator.
- John Hinman, Vice President
- John grew up on a dairy farm in Coventry and attended Harpursville School. He currently owns his own business, JB Stallions. He buys and sells hay as well as renting out storage trailers and dumpsters. John is the president of the Greater Afton Area Chamber of Commerce and acts as a liason between the Chamber and the Fair.
- John Niles, Treasurer
- Alumni of Afton Central School and SUNY Morrisville. An employee of Raymond Corporation, John and his wife Barb, have been instrumental in the operation of the Afton Driving Park for over a decade. John filled the Secretary slot from 2008 through 2013, President from 2013 through 2015, President and Treasurer in 2015 through 2016 and for the 2016 through 2017 business year is Treasurer.
- Vicky Gregory, Secretary
- Vicky is an Agriculture Technology teacher at Afton Central School. She helps coordinate school activities with the fair.
- Paul Faigle, Director
- Paul and his family live on a farm on the outskirts of Afton. They have a dairy herd, horses, chickens and geese. Paul coaches wrestling and he and Karen are active in children's sport activities. Paul is the Chairman of a Youth Dairy Show for the Fair.
- Barb Niles, Director
- Barb is an alumni of Afton Central School. She is a Co-Chairperson for the Afton Christmas Parade. She developed the Children's Activity Center for the Fair. Barb has been the Office Manager for the Afton Driving Park for several years.
- Darryl Smith, Director
- Darryl works at New England Pellet in Deposit and is the Superintendent of the Small Animal department at the fair.
- Peg Squire, Director
- Peg is a Member of the East River Riders Club and has managed the Afton Fair Horse Show since 2004.
- Karen Terpstra, Director
- Karen and her family live on a farm on the outskirts of Afton. They have a dairy herd, horses, chickens and geese. She is active in children's sports activities. Karen is an important contributor to the Youth Dairy Show.
- Steve Willes, Director
- Alumni of Afton Central School. He is retired from Raymond Corporation. He has done the mapping of the grounds for electric, water and maintenance for many years.
- Jen Smith, Director
- Jen is an elementary physical education instructor at Afton Central School and is an active member of the Afton Baptist Church.
- Kyle Short, Director
- Kyle is from Unadilla and coordinates Security, Parking and EMS services for the Afton Driving Park.
Non-Board Member Superintendents and Volunteers
- Regina Birdsall
- Website Hosting, Design and Maintenance
- Bill Barriger
- Grounds maintenance and active volunteer.
- Judy Hinman
- Active volunteer
© 2007 - 2016 Afton Driving Park and Agricultural Association Inc.,
Design by Regina Birdsall, Last Updated Thursday, 09-Feb-2017 03:49:22 CST
2016 Major Sponsors
Valley Veterinary Association
Victoria L. Gregory
Afton Sertoma Club
RJ's Diesel Repair, Inc.
Blue Ox Energy Products
Osterhoudt-Madden Funeral Home
ETM Solar Works
Romo Machine, LLC
Clark Construction & Sons
Main Street Grill & Bakery
View the full list of our 2016 Sponsors!